iTaxi is a ride-hailing platform connecting passengers and licensed cab drivers – rather like Lyft, Uber, or Bolt. The company was formed in 2013, and our mobile app enables cab drivers to pick up passengers and charge them for the ride. The company focuses on offering a quality service to business customers across the largest cities in Poland, and in 2019 was recognized as one of the best developing tech companies in Europe by The Next Web’s Tech5 competition.
To redesign the UX and graphics of the iTaxi mobile app to be more modern and user-friendly. The second reason was to make a place for a new service that iTaxi introduced in November 2019.
Work on the 4.0.0 version of the iTaxi mobile apps (for Android and iOS systems) has taken about four months. The new version replaced the old 3.0. Version, which was released in January 2017.
- UX of the mobile apps
- UX research
- development management.
The UX process
What was the situation (3.0 Version of the iTaxi app)?
- The main screen was covered with a vast map, and there was only one input field for the current address of the user’s position.
- The second screen contained additional details. Also, there was a possibility to add the destination address. The user was able to choose here more options, as well as the type of taxi (popular or luxury).
- The next screen is from the moment when the user was driving in a taxi cab. Here is also a vast map and not many possible actions.
I decided that I have to improve the functionalities mentioned above like that:
- The main screen includes not only the current position but the possibility of the simple addition of destination address. We also wanted to show the distance/estimated time upfront.
- The second screen, with all additional options – to be more clear and user-friendly. We hidden not important features and highlighted the most important ones. Here is also visible a new service that iTaxi introduced within this mobile app version: iTxi ticket with a guaranteed price for the taxi ride.
- The screen visible while taxi ride is also improved: with added information about the taxi, route, price, and also possibility to contact with iTaxi team (in case of any emergency). It makes the taxi ride more safely for the passenger.
First, I prepared wireframes. They were discussed within the whole iTaxi team.
When we agreed to all functionalities, then I started to work with our designer Marek on final designs. Here is the result:
Mobile apps are available here
Video Case Study
You can read more about the process of accessibility improvements in iTaxi mobile apps (PL); and you can find the whole case study of my work on iTaxi app for cab drivers (PL). If you want to read more about the iTaxi Ticket service, visit iTaxi website (PL).
|Senior android developer||Anna Orłowska|
|Senior iOS developer||Marcin Makowski|
|Junior android developer||Joanna Heluszka|
|IT director||Gaweł Boguta|
|Senior QA manager||Sylwia Okraska|
|Junior QA manager||Ewa Janik|
|Product owner||Kamil Zych|
|UX designer||Katarzyna Małecka|
|Graphic designer||Marek Kaleta|
|IT architect||Piotr Rzeźniczak|
|Marketing director||Eliza Niemirska|